Tuesday 1 April 2008

happiness!!

i never thought i would be the person to post random blogs not about anything in particular, but simply about whats on my mind at a specific moment. And yet here i am…not much new to report to you…but i just feel so contented and happy that i wanted to share. gabby, laura, jodi, and myself just came back form watching “27 dresses” in the theatre (yes i know, movies come out much later in England) and we all left with permasmiles plastered across our faces laughing at the most random and stupidest things. But its great! And when I got home, although I should have been doing homework, I went through pictures and videos from the whole semester…truth be told, I got a little teary-eyed. You see, this program is almost over, and its really hard to believe. It really has flown by, just as everyone predicted. I have made 11 amazing friends in the past 2.5 months, friends that I will never forget and who have sincerely touched my life in ways they may never be able to comprehend. When I was going through hard times up here, every one of them stood behind me and supported me. I know, being away from all my family and friends back at home, I would not have made it through and stayed so strong had it not been for them. I remember one time, back during drama week, I was a nervous wreck. I had never acted before and am terribly frightened to speak in front of a crowd. As we were doing a popcorn prayer before we went out, mark singled me out ask God specifically to help me through this - and it is things like this that I cherish. I will miss this entire group so incredibly…more than I ever thought I would. Well, this has turned a little depressing somehow, but I want to get the point across that I am so happy here and seriously have had the best time of my life. Honestly incredible. I still have that permasmile on my face. So I want to leave you with a few pics (okay, a lot of pics) of all of us. And now, time to watch the jays season opener…its after 12 at night, halladay is pitching, I have chocolate and starbursts, and im lying on the floor of the church with my fuzzy blanket watching it online - life could not be any better…Go Jays Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i just emailed but i forgot to say that YES i did see 27 dresses and it is most definitely a feel good movie! one of the best i had seen in a long time.

we'll have to have a 27 dresses party when you are home and i am home sometime! haha

i love you lots sharonius!